TELECOMMUTE – Nampa, ID, ID, UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO, NM
Title:HIM Coding Specialist 1 – Remote
Mountain Standard Time Zone United States
The purpose of this position is to assign ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes for outpatient claims in order to ensure a valid database to be used for research, reporting, quality improvement activities, management of days not final billed (DNFB) and appropriate reimbursement.
This is a fully remote position, hours of operation would be mountain standard time zone.
Hours are flexible, Monday Friday depending on business needs.
Pay starts at $17 hourly and goes up with experience
Responsible to ensure accurate coding of encounters during aMonday Friday schedulewithin Nampa, ID. Reviews and assign appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes and recommend processes to ensure accurate and efficient coding practices applicable to outpatient FFS services. May perform professional coding audits and professional coding education to employed Intermountain providers and their staff as assigned.
1. Gains expertise in the areas of national physician code sets, insurance billing and reimbursement, national, regional, and local health care coding issues and policies, knowledge of coding compliance issues, as well as medical terminology, anatomy and physiology as they pertain to primary care specialties so as to be a subject-matter expert and resource to others.
2. Develops an understanding of the overall revenue cycle billing process and the Key roles of its various departments and players in order to be a resource to providers and their staff.
3. Learns to diplomatically and appropriately interface with primary care providers.
4. Learns and participates in the primary care coding audit and education process by performing audits and providing education to Intermountain physician’s and staff.
5. Provides support and assistance to senior team members.
6. Works effectively in achieving department tasks and goals.
Experience or formal training in medical terminology.
– and –
Experience in general computer skills and knowledge.
– and –
Experience in providing effective written and verbal communications.
Current AAPC CPC certification with active membership card
Experience or formal training in anatomy and physiology.
Experience using coding software.
Hearing / Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
Salt Lake Clinic, South Nampa Clinic
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Auditing , Insurance , Insurance Claims , Medical Billing , Medical Coding
Nampa, ID, ID, UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO, NM